Hi Families! We need your help! If you have children in parent pick-up, please take this survey. This information will help us greatly! Please only take the survey once. Same survey was sent via Remind and Facebook as well. Thank you!
Ivy Hawn Families,
As of last week, the top parking lot has now become a part of Ivy Hawn’s property. We are aware of the challenges that have occurred with this parking area in the past, however, we did not have the jurisdiction to enforce rules over this public parking space until now.
Parents, we ask that you do not use the top parking lot as a secondary parent loop/drop off. This is a serious safety concern for our students. As much as we appreciate our parent volunteers, school safety and transportation procedures must be supervised by school personnel.
Starting Tuesday, November 13th, the following procedures will be in place.
1.) A school staff member will be supervising the top parking lot.
2.) Parents must enter on the left side of the lot facing Ohio and exit along the building.
3.) Using this lot as a loop to drop off and pick up will no longer be allowed.
Kelly A. Conway
Connect-Ed, now called School Messenger, now offers messages to you in a text-message format. If you would like to opt-in to this feature:
Please make sure the number on the Emergency Card is correct
Send a “Y” or “Yes” reply to the short code 67587 and you are in!
Important School Safety Information
- All traffic must enter from Pleasant Street ONLY. Entrances and exits on Lakeview Drive are NOT permitted for Ivy Hawn parents.
- Due to congested traffic and a safety issue, left turns out of Ivy Hawn onto Pleasant Drive from both the front and back lots will no longer be permitted from 7:30- 8:15am and 3:30 – 4:00pm. All turns will now be right turn only. Please remember that the back parking lot is for staff and buses only.
- Parents are highly encouraged to use the drop-off / pick-up loop.
- Students are only permitted to exit vehicles when directly in front of the building beginning at the Ivy Hawn sign and extending to the last cone. Students may not exit vehicles on the far side of the parent loop.
- Please put the pink parent pick up sign in clear sight on your dashboard or front window. This will expedite the process of having your child ready for pick up.
- If you find it necessary to park and escort your child to the front door, please follow these parking guidelines:
- Do not park in front or across from Creative Arts Early Learning Academy
- Do not park in front of Volusia Academy of Gymnastics and Dance or along the side of the building
- Do not park in front of or directly across from the Power Volleyball facility.
- Acceptable parking is in the lot across from the school on the hill. Please use the walkway to cross.
- Do not walk down through the grass.
- Please only walk your child to the front door. Ivy Hawn faculty will supervise them from that point forward.
- All buses enter from Pleasant Street at the back of the building and exit out Lakeview Drive. The back parking lot is for Faculty & Staff only.
- Parking spots that are in front of the elementary door to the middle school door are to remain open from 2:30 until the pick-up loop is clear.
- Adherence to these guidelines is critical to a smooth, seamless and safe arrival and dismissal process.
- In cases of emergency, students / faculty / staff / visitors will be staged at City Hall or Volusia Pines Elementary, depending on issue. Families will be notified of changes.
From Lake Helen:
Parents, please use the marked crosswalks to cross Ohio when dropping off and picking up students. In addition to using crosswalks, please keep the elementary front entrance clear for students to exit. Blocking the front doors is prohibiting the students to come out in a safe and secure manner. Please use the marked spot outside of the front doors to stand and wait.
Also, using Pleasant Drive as a drop-off is prohibited. For safety reasons, please use the drop-off loop in front of the school by entering and exiting off of Pleasant. This includes pick-up for after school activities. This route is safe for our school and the surrounding businesses.
Ivy Hawn has been working with the City of Lake Helen to help alleviate traffic for parent drop-off and pick-up. Please click here to see an alternative traffic route offered that you can use.
The safety of your children is our first priority. Please follow the procedures very carefully in order to keep all of our children safe.