Update from Volusia County Schools:
All students, faculty, and staff will return to school Friday, September 6th. We are looking forward to seeing all of you!
Uniform Order Form: 19.20 Uniform Order Form
Volusia County Cross Country Families: Ivy Hawn is hosting our first Invitational! Click here to participate!
Ivy Hawn 5K will be held on Saturday, October 19th. We are in need of volunteers to help out the day of and also to donate small water bottles. Every $10 spent is worth 1 volunteer hour. Please send them to the Middle School lobby with a copy of your receipt with first and last name by October 10th. To become a sponsor or volunteer please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to sign up for the 5K please Click Here.
BUS INFORMATION: please check Parent Portal. If there is a bus pass listed, your child is ready to go! If not and you filled out the form, we will contact transportation for you. Don’t forget- students need their alpha code to get on and off the bus. Thank you!
If you would like to support our Arts Programs, click here for our Shopify account!
To see our new Traffic Procedures, please see the Parent Page (blue link), under the Parent Toolbox.
School Safety Information
- All traffic must enter from Pleasant Street ONLY. Entrances and exits on Lakeview Drive are NOT permitted for Ivy Hawn parents.
- Due to congested traffic and a safety issue, left turns out of Ivy Hawn onto Pleasant Drive from both the front and back lots will no longer be permitted from 7:30- 8:15am and 3:30 – 4:00pm. All turns will now be right turn only. Please remember that the top lot and back parking lot are for staff and buses only.
- Parents are highly encouraged to use the drop-off / pick-up loop.
- Students are only permitted to exit vehicles on the right side in front of the building beginning at the green zone and ending at the pink zone.
- Please put the green or pink parent pick up sign in clear sight on your dashboard or front window. This will expedite the process of having your child ready for pick up.
If you find it necessary to park and escort your child to the front door, please follow these parking guidelines:
- Do not park in front or across from Creative Arts Early Learning Academy
- Do not park in front of Volusia Academy of Gymnastics and Dance or along the side of the building
- Do not park in front of or directly across from the Power Volleyball facility.
- Acceptable parking is available on Ohio and the Jeep building.
- Do not walk down through the grass.
- All buses enter from Pleasant Street at the back of the building and exit out Lakeview Drive. The back parking lot is for Faculty & Staff only.
- Parking spots that are in front of the elementary door to the middle school door are to remain open from 2:30 until the pick-up loop is clear.
- Adherence to these guidelines is critical to a smooth, seamless and safe arrival and dismissal process.
- In cases of emergency, students / faculty / staff / visitors will be staged at City Hall or Volusia Pines Elementary, depending on issue. Families will be notified of changes.
From Lake Helen:
Parents, please use the marked crosswalks to cross Ohio when dropping off and picking up students. In addition to using crosswalks, please keep the elementary front entrance clear for students to exit. Blocking the front doors is prohibiting the students to come out in a safe and secure manner.
Also, using Pleasant Drive as a drop-off is prohibited. For safety reasons, please use the drop-off loop in front of the school by entering and exiting off of Pleasant. This includes pick-up for after school activities. This route is safe for our school and the surrounding businesses.
Ivy Hawn has been working with the City of Lake Helen to help alleviate traffic for parent drop-off and pick-up. Please click here to see an alternative traffic route offered that you can use.
The safety of your children is our first priority. Please follow the procedures very carefully in order to keep all of our children safe.