Ivy Hawn is proud to announce that we received recommendation for accreditation by AdvancED, a non-profit organization that conducts rigorous, on-site external reviews of Pre-K-12 schools and school systems. The external review team visited this week and were incredibly impressed by the authenticity of our school program. AdvancED reviews Standards for Quality, which are research-based, comprehensive quality statements that describe conditions and factors that contribute to a high caliber educational experience and operational effectiveness.
We here at Ivy Hawn are incredibly excited about our received recommendation and recognize that we would not be where we are today if it weren’t for our dedicated and committed students, staff, parents, community members, and other stakeholders. THANK YOU for believing in our mission and for allowing us to educate our future. This accomplishment is yet another milestone in our never-ending desire to continuously improve to better meet the needs of the students we serve.
We are pleased to announce our student’s participation in the 2017 Volusia County World Language Festival this past weekend. Through Ms. Serrano’s guidance and continued dedication, our students were recognized in multiple categories:
Cultural Bookmark Category:
- 1st place: Ryanne Ferriero
- 3rd place: Lauren O’Daniel, Danielle Cushman, Ian York
Vocabulary Poster Category:
Cultural Meme Category:
- 1st place: Caidan Young, Ethan Antolick
- 2nd place: Sean Kelley
Global Awareness Tri-Fold Category
- 1st place: Azariah Rodriguez, Emily Smith
- 2nd place: Aimee Vergara, Savannah Upson, Luke Keeley
- 1st place: Karene Chin, Sydney Costa
- 2nd place: Kayla Spain, Amaya Lewicki, Grace VanTwyver
- 3rd place: Christine Oba, Khyla Rivera, Madison Sullivan, Kylah Linan
Music Video Category
- 1st place: Natalia Meretz
- 2nd place: Anyelina Izzo, Stacey Andris, Maya Lagrosas, Caitlyn Strittmatter, Connor Pearl
We are so very proud! Congratulations to Ms. Serrano and her students!