MAFS.912.G-GPE.2.5: Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems (e.g., find the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point).
MAFS.912.G-GPE.2.6: Find the point on a directed line segment between two given points that partitions the segment in a given ratio.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- state that parallel lines have the same slope.
- determine if lines are parallel using their slopes.
- write the equation for parallel lines.
- state that perpendicular lines have the opposite reciprocal slopes.(the product of the slopes equals -1).
- determine if lines are perpendicular using their slopes.
- write the equation for perpendicular lines.
- use the slope criteria to prove parallel lines and perpendicular lines.
- find the point on a directed line segment whose endpoints partitions the line segment into a given ratio. This includes: finding a missing endpoint given a point and the other endpoint.
dividing a segment into thirds, fourths, etc. given a ratio, one point and one endpoint finding the other endpoint
- find a ratio when the endpoints and a point on the line segment is given.
- We will review partitioning a line segment in the Math Nation practice book (section 1, topic 7–1,2, and 6)
- Students will do more practice Partitioning a Line Segment (worksheet #’s 1,2,6, and 8)
- We will review writing equations of lines and converting between forms of lines of equations
- Students will do 5 task cards
- We will do a review page for the test on Thursday/Friday
- Students will take a Summative on Angle Relationships
- After the test, they can work on finishing the assignments on partitioning and task cards
- Partitioning worksheet and task cards due on September 30/October 1.
- Summative on Angle Relationships due on September 26/27.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.