- MAFS.8.EE.3.7: Solve linear equations in one variable. Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will understand the process of solving equations by isolating the variable
- Students will be able to successfully isolate the variable in an equation by using inverse operations
- Students will solve equations correctly by correctly adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing positive and negative numbers
- Students will work on completing any unfinished assignments (Clock scavenger hunt, one-step equations race worksheet, two-step equations maze)
- When complete, students will do a Mathspace assignment (One-step equations with addition and subtraction)
- After that, students will work on iReady
- Students will do a worksheet on One-step Equations Using Subtraction (which has three different types of subtraction equations in separate sections and then in the final section, they will be all mixed together)
- Students will start or complete the Mathspace (One-step Equations with Addition and Subtraction)
- Students will work on iReady
- Students will play Jeopardy on solving one and two-step equations
- Mathspace on One-step Equations with Addition and Subtraction due Friday, October 12
- One-step Equations Using Subtraction worksheet due Friday, October 12
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.