MAFS.8.EE.3.7: Solve linear equations in one variable. Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will learn how to solve equations for one variable by using inverse operations.
- Students will begin by working with one-step equations in order to become familiar with using addition to undo subtraction, subtraction to undo addition, multiplication to undo division, and division to undo multiplication.
- Students will watch a video on solving one-step equations.
- We will fill in a doodle notes page on solving one-step equations.
- Students will then do a Math Crush coloring activity on solving one-step equations.
- Students will start two rotations: a scavenger hunt on one-step equations and a Battleship game solving one-step equations.
- Students will complete the rotations they started on Wednesday and then will switch to the opposite activity.
- One-step equations scavenger hunt due on Th/Fri September 20/21.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.