- MAFS.8.EE.3.7: Solve linear equations in one variable. Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to successfully solve one-step equations.
- Students will learn the process for solving two-step equations.
- Students will understand that when solving two-step equations, we must first eliminate the constant and then eliminate the coefficient.
- Students will play Trashketball solving one-step equations.
- I will teach two-step equations, with students filling in a guided notes page.
- We will do practice examples together.
- Students will do a Kahoot on exponents to study for their test in core class.
- We will finish the notes on two-step equations and do more practice examples.
- Students will do a two-step equations placemat activity.
- Two-step equations placemat due by the end of class on Th/Fri September 27/28.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.