MAFS.8.EE.3.7: Solve linear equations in one variable: solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will learn how to use subtraction correctly when solving equations whether they are subtracting from a larger number, a smaller number, or even a negative number.
- Students will learn that when we start with a negative number and we subtract, that this is the same as adding a negative and the result will be a bigger negative.
- Students will expand from solving one-step equations to solving two-step equations.
- Students will do three rotations
- Teacher rotation–we will look at their worksheets and identify misunderstanding
- Technology–students will do an IXL (7th grade C.1) and then iReady
- Activity–students will do a one-step equations partner worksheet (answers should match)
- We will play the Four Corners Game where students add positive and negative numbers and then go the the corner with the letter of the correct answer
- Students will work on iReady
- Students will do and IXL (8th grade W.7)
- Students will play Jeopardy on solving equations
- IXL 7th grade C.1 due on October 17.
- Worksheet on one-step equations (started last week) due on October 17.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.