MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.5: Use congruence and similarity criteria for triangles to solve problems and to prove relationships in geometric figures.
MAFS.912.G-CO.3.10: Prove theorems about triangles to solve problems. Theorems include: triangle angle sum theorem, triangle inequality theorem, etc.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to identify the congruent parts of two triangles
- Students will be able to determine whether or not two triangles are congruent by the Triangle Congruence Postulates (SSS, SAS, ASA, AAS, and HL)
- Students will be able to construct a proving using triangle theorems, triangle concgruence postulates, and Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles Are Congruent.
- Students will learn the Triangle Inequality Theorem and be able to determine if three side measures can be a triangle.
- Students will create p. 17 in their ISN on “Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles are Congruent:
- Students will do a group activity on proofs, filling in the missing statements and reasons and gluing them in the appropriate spaces.
- Students will finish and check their proof activity
- Students will do another proof activity where they must create the entire proof using statements and reasons that are provided for three proofs
- Students will take notes on Triangle Inequality Theorem (p. 18 in ISN)
- Group proof activity due October 24
- Second proof activity due October 25/26
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.