MAFS.912.G-CO.3.10: Prove theorems about triangles and use theorems about triangles to solve problems.
MAFS.912.G-SRT.1.3: Use the properties of similarity transformations to establish the AA criterion for two triangles to be similar.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will learn that the segments in triangles such as perpendicular bisectors, angle bisectors, altitudes, and medians intersect at a point of concurrency.
- Students will learn which point of concurrency corresponds to which triangle segment.
- Students will understand the Hinge Theorem.
- Students will learn the Midsegment Theorem and how to apply it.
- Students will learn the Triangle Proportionality Theorem and use it to find the measures of pieces of sides of triangles.
- Students will learn how parallel lines cut transversals into proportional parts.
- Students will create a foldable on Segments in Triangles (ISN p. 21)
- Students will create a page on Points of Concurrency (ISN p. 22)
- Students will put a summary page on Points of Concurrency in their ISN (p. 23)
- Students will take notes on the Hinge Theorem (ISN p. 24)
- Students will review for their test on Triangle Similarity and Triangle Inequality Theorem
- Students will take a test on Similarity and Triangle Inequality Theorem
- Students will take guided notes on Triangle Proportionality Theorem and also Proportional Parts and Parallel Lines and Midsegment Theorem
- Test due on Thursday/Friday November 8/9
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.