MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.4: Prove theorems about triangles. (Theorems include the Pythagorean Theorem proved using triangle similarity).
MAFS.912.G-SRT.3.8: Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will apply theorems, postulates, or definitions to prove theorems about triangles, including proving The Pythagorean Theorem using triangle similarity.
- Students will use Special Right Triangles (45-45-90 and 30-60-90) to solve for missing side lengths.
- Students will solve right triangles by finding the measures of all sides of the triangle using Pythagorean Theorem.
- Students will draw right triangles that describe real world problems and label the sides with their given measures.
- Students will take notes on Pythagorean Theorem and its Converse in their ISN (p. 28)
- We will do a nearpod lesson together on the Pythagorean Theorem
- Students will do a Pythagorean Theorem Murder Mystery activity
- I will give students a handout on simplifying radicals using the Birthday Cake Method and will go through some examples with them.
- Students will learn about 45-45-90 Special Right Triangles and will fill in a guided notes page and do some examples.
- Students will do the guided notes page on 30-60-90 Special Right Triangles and will do some examples.
- Students will then do the Special Right Triangles Task Cards.
- Pythagorean Theorem Murder Mystery activity due at the end of class on November 26/27.
- Special Right Triangles task cards due on November 29/30.