- MAFS.8.EE.1.1: Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students will be able to:
- determine the properties of integer exponents by exploring patterns and applying their understanding of properties of whole number exponents.
- explain what it means for a number to be raised to a power and how to represent the repeated multiplication symbolically.
- explain the reason for some bases requiring parentheses.
- apply the properties of integer exponents to simplify expressions.
- Students will watch a video on the rules of exponents and we will discuss together.
- We will review a two-page packet on rules of exponents and students will do the practice problems on the second page.
- Students will do a Kahoot! on Exponents
- Students will do an exponent minion review sheet where they solve exponent problems and color the picture according to their answers to reveal a minion picture.
- Students will have the opportunity to finish their exponent minion paper.
- Students will do their 45 minutes on iReady.
- If they finish everything, they will be able to go to the Holiday Gift Shop.
- Minion paper is due by Friday, December 14.
- One quiz grade from iReady is due on December 13/14.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations are provided daily.