- MAFS.8.EE.1.1: Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students will be able to:
- determine the properties of integer exponents by exploring patterns and applying their understanding of properties of whole number exponents.
- explain what it means for a number to be raised to a power and how to represent the repeated multiplication symbolically.
- explain the reason for some bases requiring parentheses.
- apply the properties of integer exponents to simplify expressions.
- Students will have the opportunity to complete any incomplete assignments.
- Students will have some Christmas math activities to do if all work is complete.
All assignments must be completed by Wednesday, December 19.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.