- MAFS.8.EE.1.1: Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions.
- MAFS.8.EE.1.3: Use numbers expressed in the form of a single digit times an integer power of ten to estimate very large or very small quatities, and to express how many times as much one is than the other.
- MAFS.8.EE.1.4: Perform operations with numbers expressed in scientific notation, including problems where both decimal and scientific notation are used.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to apply the properties of integer exponents to perform operations of numbers with exponents.
- Students will be able to rewrite very large or very small numbers in standard notation in scientific notation.
- Students will be able to compare numbers written in scientific notation.
- Students will be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers written in scientific notation using laws of exponents.
- Students will brainstorm what they know about adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing with negative numbers as a review.
- Students will do some Kahoots! on operations with negative numbers.
- We will go over scientific notation rules together.
- Students will do a Kahoot! on Scientific Notation.
- Students will work on iReady for their weekly 45 minutes.
- Students will do a Law of Exponents Math Cloud worksheet.
- IF they finish, they will do the Exponents puzzle.
- Law of Exponents Math Cloud worksheet due on Thursday/Friday January 10/11.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.