- MAFS.8.G.1.1: Verify experimental properties of rotations, reflections, and translations.
- MAFS.8.G.1.2: Understand that a two-dimensional figure is congruent to another if the second can be obtained from the first by a series of rotations, reflections, or translations.
- MAFS.8.G.1.3: Describe the effect of dilations, rotations, reflections, and translations on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will learn how to rotate, reflect, and translate a figure.
- Students will understand that rotations, reflections, and translations are rigid transformations.
- Students will be able to explain how transformations can be used to prove that two figures are congruent.
- Students will be able to describe a series of rigid motions that will map one figure onto another.
- No School Monday.
- Students will complete a Transformation Activity worksheet and if they finish, will design their own unique design and transformation.
- Students in first period will do the transformations Activity worksheet.
- Seventh period students will work on make-up work for me or Mrs. Pujol.
- Students will work on iReady and will complete the Transformation Activity worksheet.
- Transformation Activity Worksheet is due on Thursday/Friday January 24/25.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.