MAFS.912.G-SRT.3.8: Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- use Special Right Triangles (30°-60°-90° and 45°-45°-90°) to solve for missing side lengths.
- use angle measures to estimate side lengths and vice versa.
- solve right triangles by finding the measures of all sides and angles in the triangles using Pythagorean Theorem and/or trigonometric ratios and their inverses.
- draw right triangles that describe real world problems and label the sides and angles with their given measures.
- solve application problems involving right triangles, including angle of elevation and depression, navigation, and surveying.
- Students will do a Special Right Triangles relay race in groups of 3-4 students.
- Then we will start the Special Right Triangles Swipe Out game
- We will finish the Swipe Out game
- I will introduce Trigonometric ratios
- Students will create a foldable on Trig Ratios
- We will watch the video “Gettin’ Triggy Wit It”
- We will do a Kahoot on Trig Ratios
No new assignments due this week. Should be completing the three assignments assigned last week by this Wednesday.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations are provided daily.