MAFS.912.G-GPE.2.5: Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems such as finding the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to state that parallel lines have the same slope and that perpendicular lines have the opposite reciprocal slopes.
- Students will be able to determine if lines are parallel or perpendicular using their slopes.
- Students will be able to write the equation of parallel and perpendicular lines.
- Students will
- Students will take a summative on Quadrilaterals.
- Students may then work on their IXL N.10 to bring their scores up.
- Students will take notes on equations of lines and learn how to write an equation in Point-Slope form.
- We will do some work together on the worksheet on Point-Slope form.
- We will go over and finish the point-slope worksheet.
- We will then do some review of Quadrilaterals, specifically on how to prove lines are parallel, perpendicular, bisect each other, etc. to help prepare for retest or the DIA.
- Worksheet on Point-Slope form must be completed by Friday, February 1.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.