- MAFS.8.G.1.1: Verify experimental properties of rotations, reflections, and translations.
- MAFS.8.G.1.2: Understand that a two-dimensional figure is congruent to another if the second can be obtained from the first by a series of rotations, reflections, or translations.
- MAFS.8.G.1.3: Describe the effect of dilations, rotations, reflections, and translations on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will learn how to rotate, reflect, and translate a figure.
- Students will understand that rotations, reflections, and translations are rigid transformations.
- Students will be able to explain how transformations can be used to prove that two figures are congruent.
- Students will be able to describe a series of rigid motions that will map one figure onto another.
- Some students will be retaking the iReady diagnostic test.
- If they do not need to retake the diagnostic, they will start the Transformations Scavenger Hunt.
- Students will finish up missing assignments in Gradebook.
- If all assignments complete, they will do the Guess This Transformation worksheet.
- Students will finish the iReady diagnostic or complete the Scavanger Hunt on Transformations.
- Scavenger Hunt on Transformations due on Friday, February 8.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.