MAFS.912.G-GPE.2.7: Use coordinates to compute perimeters of polygons and areas of triangles and rectangles, e.g., using the distance formula.
MAFS.912.G-MG.1.1: Use geometric shapes, their measures, and their properties to describe objects.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will use the distance formula to compute the perimeter and area given the coordinates of vertices of a polygon like triangle, square, rectangle, kite, rhombus, trapezoid, etc.
- Students will be able to decompose more complex figures whose vertices are given using coordinates into familiar shapes that are easier to work with.
- Students will be able to represent real-world objects as geometric figures.
- Students will estimate measures of real-world objects using comparable geometric shapes.
- Students will find the area of a figure using nets.
- Students will finish the packet on Area of Composite Figures.
- Students will do IXL S.10
- Students will continue working on IXL S.10
- Second period students will take the DIA on Thursday.
- 5th and 8th period will do a Real-Life Area of Composit Figures packet and also an Area on the Coordinate Plane packet.
- IXL S.10 due on Wednesday, February 20.
- Real-Life Area of Composite Figures packet due on Friday, February 22 or Tuesday, February 26.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.