MAFS.8.F.1.1: Understand that a function is a rule that assigns to each input exactly one output. The graph of a function is a set of ordered pairs consisting of an input and the corresponding output.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- identify a function from a graph, equation or set of ordered pairs.
- explain that a function represents a relationship between an input and an output where the output depends on the input; therefore, there can only be one output for each input.
- Watch a video on functions
- Talk about domain and range of a function
- So a scavenger hunt on domain and range of functions
- Go over Identifying Functions notes, then do a worksheet together
- Do a card sort activity on Identifying Functions
- Do thirty minutes of iReady
- Finish the card sort activity and go over how to tell if something is a function
- Do a “quiz” on identifying functions
- Domain and range scavenger hunt due February 25/26.
- Identifying Functions card sort due February 27.
- Identifying functions quiz due on February28/March1.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations provided daily.