MAFS.912.G-GPE.1.1: Derive the equation of a circle of given center and radius using the Pythagorean Theorem; complete the square to find the center and radius of a circle given by an equation.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- identify the center and radius of a circle given its equation.
- draw a right triangle with a horizontal leg, a vertical leg, and the radius of a circle as its hypotenuse
- write the equation of a circle by using the distance formula (Pythagorean Theorem), the coordinates of a circle’s center, and the circle’s radius.
- rewrite an equation of a circle in general (quadratic) form to standard form by completing the square.
- Students will do an activity called “Build Understanding for the Equation of a Circle.”
- Students will do Math Nation: Section 12, Topic 5
- Students will do problems from the Workbook on circle theorems related to tangents and secants.
- Students will learn how to convert from the general equation of a circle to the standard form of a circle by completing the square.
- We will review for the test by doing quizlet live.
- Workbook problems are due by April 26.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.