Week 1.7: 9/25-9/29
Running Academic Vocabulary
Running Reading Vocabulary List
Book Talk Guidelines
|Subject Area||English Language Arts|
|Unit of Instruction||Culture & Belonging; Nouns; Argumentative Essays|
8.RI.1.1 – Cite textual evidence in informational text
8.RI.1.2 – Determine a central idea of an informational text
8.RI.2.6 – Determine author’s purpose
8.SL.1.1 – Engage in collaborative discussions
8.SL.1.1 – Command of English grammar and conventions
8.SL.2.6 – Adapt speech to a variety of contexts
8.W.1.1 – Write an argumentative essay
8.W.3.4 – Write routinely over extended time frames
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- To understand and comprehend informational text.
- To make inferences and support them with evidence.
- To make predictions based on text evidence.
- To work together effectively within a group.
- To build silent reading stamina.
- To prepare for and engage in collaborative discussions.
- To understand the different types of nouns
- To establish a claim and write an argumentative essay.
Nouns Pre-test and homework
Planning an argumentative essay – Performance Assessment (p.11-20)
Types of Nouns and Compound Nouns INB
Bonne Annee (p.31-36 of textbook)
Bonne Annee Socratic Seminar
Nouns Pre-Test and HW packet
Performance Assessment booklet p.1-20
Types of Nouns & Compound Nouns INB
Bonne Annee Socratic Seminar notes