Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
|Subject Area||Intensive Math|
|Unit of Instruction||5: Pythagorean Theorem; 6; Transformational Geometry|
Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles in real-world and mathematical problems in two and three dimensions.
MAFS.8.G.1.1 Verify experimentally the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations:
MAFS.8.G.1.1.a Lines are taken to lines, and line segments to line segments of the same length.
MAFS.8.G.1.1.b Angles are taken to angles of the same measure.
MAFS.8.G.1.1.c Parallel lines are taken to parallel lines.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- understand and apply the Pythagorean Theorem
- understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software
Monday (President’s Day)
Wednesday (Early Release Day – 45 minute class)
- Pythagorean Theorem word problems (Standard MAFS.8.G.2.7)
- Identify Translations, Rotations and Reflections (Standards MAFS.8.G.1.1.a, MAFS.8.G.1.1.b & MAFS.8.G.1.1.c)
- kahoot! Review
- Identify Translations, Rotations and Reflections
- Line of Symmetry
- P.1 Symmetry
- P.2 Identify reflections, rotations and translations
- P.1 Symmetry – due Thursday, February 22nd
- P.2 Identify reflections, rotations and translations – due Thursday, February 22nd