Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
|Subject Area||Geometry Honors|
|Unit of Instruction||2B: Triangle Properties; 3: Similarity|
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• use dilations to prove similar figures.
• define similarity as a composition of rigid motions followed by dilations in which angle measure is preserved and side length is proportional.
• show and explain that when two angle measures are known (AA), the third angle measure is also known (Third Angle Theorem).
• apply theorems, postulates, or definitions to prove theorems about triangles and proportional parts of parallel lines, including:
• use triangle similarity to solve problems
Monday (2nd Period)
Unit 2B/3 Test
If there is time after the test, students will finish incomplete/missing/late homework assignments.
Tuesday (7th & 8th Periods)
Most of the students will be away at the 8th Grade Field Trip. For the students who are at school, we will review for Unit 2B/3 test.
If there is time after the test review, students will finish incomplete/missing/late homework assignments.
Wednesday (Early Release Day – Short Class Periods)
Go over the Unit 2B/3 test with 2nd period.
Unit 2B/3 Test for 7th and 8th periods.
Unit 3 DIA
If there is time after the DIA, have students complete missing/late/incomplete homework assignments.
Go over Flight project that 8th graders will be participating in next week.
Unit 2B/3 Test – on Monday, November 13th (2nd Period); on Wednesday, November 15th (7th & 8th Periods)
Unit 3 DIA – due Thursday, November 16th (2nd Period); due Friday, November 17th