Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
|Subject Area||Geometry Honors|
|Unit of Instruction||4: Right Triangles and Trigonometry|
Prove theorems about triangles. (Theorems include: the Pythagorean Theorem proved using triangle similarity.)
Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- define geometric mean
- find measures in similar right triangles using geometric mean
- apply theorems, postulates, or definitions to prove theorems about triangles, including proving The Pythagorean Theorem using triangle similarity.
- use Special Right Triangles (30 – 60 – 90 and 45 – 45 – 90) to solve for missing side lengths
- use angle measures to estimate side lengths and vice versa
- solve right triangles by finding the measures of all sides and angles in the triangles using Pythagorean Theorem and/or trigonometric ratios and their inverses
- draw right triangles that describe real world problems and label the sides and angles with their given measures
- solve application problems involving right triangles, including angle of elevation and depression, navigation, and surveying.
Monday (2nd Period) / Tuesday (7th & 8th Periods)
- Bellringer – Proving Theorems about Triangles – Standard MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.4
- Instruction – Geometric Mean / Right Triangle Similarity – Standard MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.4
- Homework – Geometric Mean Worksheets (ODD PROBLEMS ONLY) – due Thursday, November 30th for 2nd Period / due Friday, December 1st for 7th & 8th Periods
Wednesday (All Classes – Early Release Day – Short Class Period)
- Bellringer – Proving Theorems about Triangles Part 2 – Standard MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.4
- Instruction – The Pythagorean Theorem and its Converse – Standards MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.4, MAFS.912.G-SRT.3.8
- Homework – Pythagorean Theorem and its Converse Worksheets (ODD PROBLEMS ONLY) – due Monday, December 4th for 2nd period / due Tuesday, December 5th for 7th & 8th Periods
Thursday (2nd Period) / Friday (7th & 8th Periods)
- Bellringer – Proving Theorems about Triangles Part 3 – Standard MAFS.912.G-SRT.2.4
- Instruction – Special Right Triangles – Standard MAFS.912.G-SRT.3.8
- Homework – Special Right Triangles Worksheets (ODD PROBLEMS ONLY) – due Wednesday, December 6th for all classes
None – However, the RETAKE – Unit 2B/3 Test is due on Tuesday, December 5th – for those who desire to retake the Unit 2B/3 test. The re-take is available on MathSpace.
Worksheets (ONLY DO THE ODD PROBLEMS)
- Geometric Mean Worksheets – due Thursday, November 30th for 2nd Period / due Friday, December 1st for 7th and 8th Periods
Please open up the Geometry Honors course on Canvas regularly to view notes, assignments and messages from teacher. Feel free to email me through Canvas for questions and comments.