Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
|Subject Area||Intensive Math|
|Unit of Instruction||Focus 5: Volume|
Know the formulas for the volumes of cones, cylinders, and spheres and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students are successful when:
- describe the similarity between finding the volume of a cylinder and the volume of a right prism. (volume is A*h)
- derive the formula to find the volume of a cylinder, a cone, and a sphere.
- informally prove the relationship between the volume of a cylinder and the volume of a cone with the same base; and the volume of a sphere and the volume of a circumscribed cylinder.
- use the formulas to find the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
- solve real-world problems involving the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
- Graphics of three-dimensional figures can be included.
- Dimensions must be given as rational numbers.
- Figures must not be composite.
- Complete missing/late assignments for Intensive Math and/or Mrs. Pujol’s 8th Grade Pre-Algebra class
Wednesday (Early Release Day – 40 minutes Class)
- Instruction – Volume of Cylinders, Cones and Spheres
- Worksheet – Solve for Volume of Cylinders, Cones and Spheres
- i-Ready IXL Remediation
- i-Ready Online Assignments (45 minutes)
- Task Cards – Volume for Cylinder, Cone and Sphere
- MathSpace – Volume of Cylinders, Cones and Spheres
All worksheets and MathSpace assignments will be graded.
All accommodations per individual IEP will be provided each class.