Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
|Subject Area||Intensive Math|
|Unit of Instruction||Focus 8: Transformations|
Verify experimental properties of rotations, reflections and translations:
- Lines are taken to lines, and line segments to line segments of the same length.
- Angles are taken to angles of the same measure.
- Parallel lines are taken to parallel lines.
Describe the effect of dilations, translations, rotations, and reflections on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students are successful when they can:
- verify – by measuring and comparing lengths, angle measures, and parallelism of a figure and its image – that after a figure has been translated, reflected, or rotated, corresponding lines and line segments remain the same length, corresponding angles have the same measure, and corresponding parallel lines remain parallel.
- describe and apply the properties of translations, rotations, and reflections on lines, line segments, angles, parallel lines and geometric figures.
- describe the changes occurring to x- and y- coordinates of a figure after a translation, reflection, rotation, or dilation.
- reason that a 2-D figure is congruent to another if the second can be obtained by a sequence of rotations, reflections, translations.
- describe the sequence of rotations, reflections, translations, that exhibits the congruence between 2-D figures using words.
- describe a sequence of rigid motions to map one figure onto another.
Monday (1st period) / Tuesday (7th period)
- Worksheet – Law of Exponents Puzzle
- Finish IXLs for Mrs. Pujol
- G.1 Convert between standard and scientific notation
- G.2 Compare numbers written in scientific notation
- G.3 Multiply numbers written in scientific notation
- G.4 Divide numbers written in scientific notation
- Scientific Notation
- Law of Exponents
Wednesday (1st & 7th Periods) Early Release Day – Short Class Period
- Review Rules of Transformations – Reflections, Rotations, Translations, Dilations
- Quizizz – Translations and Reflections
- Quizizz – Rotations
Thursday (1st period) / Friday (7th period)
- i-Ready Diagnostic
- i-Ready Online Assignments
- MathSpace – Translations
- Worksheet – Reflection – Draw Bart’s Reflection
- MathSpace – Rotations
All Worksheets and MathSpace Assignments will be graded.
All i-Ready Online Assignment Quizzes will be graded.
All IEP accommodations for each student will be given each class period.