SS.8.A.2.5 Discuss the impact of colonial settlement on Native American populations.
SS.8.A.2.6 Examine the causes, course, and consequences of the French and Indian War.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Essential Question: What leads to conflict?
- Students will be able to explain the causes and effects of the French and Indian War
- Students will make a timeline showing at least 7 different events of the French and Indian War
This week, students will:
- Using character cards, role-play a group the led to the outbreak of war in order to understand how the French and Indian War started.
- Read primary sources, chart them and then put them together in order to understand the effects of the war
- Make a timeline showing the important events of the war.
- Illustrated Timeline
- Primary Source Chart and Exit ticket
- Militia – a military force made of ordinary citizens
- Alliance- partnership
- Debt- owing money