· Write a short film (between 1 and 3 minutes) that tells a complete story using only actions, no dialogue.
· Storyboard the short film, including a floorplan that diagrams every action.
· Make a shot list/shooting schedule that accounts for all of the camera set ups and puts them in the most efficient shooting order.
· Cut between two clips featuring the same action filmed from different angles to create the illusion of continuity between different angles.
· Use L-cuts and J-cuts to hide inconsistencies and to influence audience identification with a particular character.
· Use a variety of angles to create a dynamic pace to the short film.