· determine the properties of integer exponents by exploring patterns and applying my understanding of properties of whole number exponents.
apply the properties of integer exponents to simplify expressions.
· recognize taking a square root a the inverse of squaring a number.
· recognize taking a cube root as the inverse of cubing a number.
· evaluate the square root of a perfect square.
· evaluate the cube root of a perfect cube.
· justify that the square root of a nonperfect square will be irrational.