- MAFS.5.NBT.2.5 : Fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will:
- recall basic multiplication facts. (This is a 3rd grade skill.)
- describe and demonstrate how the standard algorithm relates to multiplication strategies (i.e. place value and the properties of operations, area model, array, compatible numbers, decomposition).
- Multiplication Drill on digits 2-12
- Reviewing Homework and Routines
- 5th Grade Diagnostic on First Qtr Standards (no grade)
- Logging onto IXL and using Lessons A.1/B.1/C.1
- Reviewing Reducing Fractions
- Reviewing Expanded Notation with Whole Numbers
Assignments / Due Date
- Weekly Homework Sheet / Friday
- Multiplication Speed Bee / Friday
- 5th grade diagnostic test / Wednesday
- IXL – A.1/B.1/C.1 / Centers all week
- Multiplication Facts / All week
- Students can log in at home with their username and password
- Username: 1XXXX (alpha code)
- Password: mmddyyyy (birthdate)
ASK YOUR STUDENT ABOUT THEIR MATH JOURNAL!!!