- DA.K.S.2.1 Follow classroom directions.
- DA.K.S.2.2 Retain simple sequences and accurate dance terminology over time.
- DA.K.S.3.1 Refine gross- and fine-locomotor skills through repetition.
- DA.K.S.3.2 Imitate simple exercises for strengthening and stretching the body.
- DA.K.S.3.3 Develop kinesthetic awareness by maintaining personal space and moving in pathways through space.
- DA.K.S.3.4 Move to various musical and rhythmic accompaniments, responding to changes in tempo and dynamics.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Quick Introduction to Ballet, included discussing the different style of shoes used for Ballet.
- Begin learning Ballet Terminology. (written & performed)
- Being able to perform several techniques in the center of the floor.
- Students will begin learning and memorizing Ballet terminology.
- Students will learn/perform the 5 basic ballet foot and arm positions.
- Students will learn/perform piles, tendus, & releves in the center of the floor.
- If time allows, students will participate/learn ballet walks & chasse’s across the floor.
- Students will be given a glossary of Ballet Terminology that should be utilized throughout our Ballet unit. This will also be used as a study guide for later testing.
- Students are allowed to bring in their own Ballet and Jazz Shoes for class. If none are owned, students will remain barefoot for class.