- DA.K.S.2.1 Follow classroom directions.
- DA.K.S.2.2 Retain simple sequences and accurate dance terminology over time.
- DA.K.S.3.1 Refine gross- and fine-locomotor skills through repetition.
- DA.K.S.3.2 Imitate simple exercises for strengthening and stretching the body.
- DA.K.S.3.3 Develop kinesthetic awareness by maintaining personal space and moving in pathways through space.
- DA.K.S.3.4 Move to various musical and rhythmic accompaniments, responding to changes in tempo and dynamics.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will have an introduction to Ballet. Students will get a chance to see pointe shoes up close.
- Students will begin learning the basic’s of Ballet.
- Students will be able to perform their newly learned techniques.
- Students will begin learning two of the 5 Basic Ballet foot positions. (first and second)
- Students will begin learning demi piles, tendus, & releves.
- Students will perform ballet walks & chasse’s across the floor.
- Students will learn the proper way to end a Ballet class with curtsy’s and bows.
- Students are allowed to bring in their own Ballet or Jazz shoes to use during class. If none are owned, students will remain barefoot.