|Subject Area||Elementary Art|
|Unit of Instruction||Klimt Inspired Golden Cat|
I can talk about what different works of art might be trying to tell us. VA.2.C.1.2
I can find examples of works based on the artists cultural and life experiences. VA.2.H.1.1
I can compare and contrast artworks from different times and cultures. VA.2.H.2.1
I can identify work created by artists and designers. VA.2.F.2.1
I can use different resources to get inspiration for art. VA.2.S.1.2
I can be inspired by art from different times and cultures. VA.2.S.1.3
I can describe the difference between using my own ideas and someone elses to create art. VA.2.S.3.3
I can tell the difference between appropriate and inappropriate audience behavior. VA.2.H.1.2
I can identify different kinds of artworks displayed in the community. VA.2.H.2.3
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• Today I will learn about LINE and COLOR, so that I CAN create a cat COLLAGE in the style of GUSTAV KLIMT. I’ll know I have it when I have drawing has patterns, shapes and swirls.
• Today I will learn about the art style ART NOUVEAU so I CAN draw patterns with round lines and swirling shapes.
• Today I will learn about ARTIST GUSTAV KLIMT and how he painted with gold paint and used jewels and small pieces of glass in his paintings to achieve TEXTURE.
1. Read Klimt and His Cat
2. Talk about Klimt’s works
3. Draw cat with oil pastel on black paper
4. Using metallic paints, paint patterns and color in some areas with paint.
5. Use white glue to add embellishments to the cat
6. Upload artwork and statement to Artsonia.