- I can tell the difference between artwork, things we use, and objects from nature. VA.1.C.3.2
- I can describe the ways artists use their work to share knowledge and life experiences. VA.1.H.1.3
- I can identify objects of art that are used for every day purposes. VA.1.H.2.2
- I can identify connections between art and other school subjects. VA.1.H.3.1
- I can explain how artists impact the way items for sale look. VA.1.F.2.1
- I can discuss what makes good art. VA.1.S.3.2
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Today I will learn about artist JOHN JAMES AUDUBON, so that I CAN IDENTIFY his artwork.
- Today I will learn about HORIZON LINES, so that I can create a background that contains a line that separates the sky from the water.
- Today I will learn about LINE and SPACE, so that I CAN draw a flamingo. I’ll know I have it when I have combined line and shapes to create a flamingo.
- Today I will learn about CONTRAST, so that I CAN use chalk pastel in my design making sure the flamingo stands out from the background.
- Today I will learn about VALUE, so that I can use TINTS and SHADES of color to create highlights in flamingo and to make my background more realistic.
Students will learn about artist John James Audubon. We will discuss his work and contributions, along with how artists impact the way items look for sale. Students will draw their flamingo use a variety of lines and shapes and outline their drawing with black oil pastel. They will use chalk pastels for color and add highlights and shadows. Students will draw a horizon for the background. Artwork will be uploaded to Artsonia. This is their Square1 art piece.