|Subject Area||Elementary Art|
|Unit of Instruction||Robin Mead Inspired Landscape: Line, Color, Value, Space, Rhythm, Unity, Contrast|
I can describe the ways artworks and utilitarian objects impact everyday life. VA.5.H.2.2
I can explore careers in which artworks and utilitarian designs are created. VA.5.F.2.2
I can describe the knowledge and skills necessary for art-making and art-related careers. VA.5.F.2.1
I can use structural elements of art and organizational principals to develop content in artwork. VA.5.O.1.1
I can organize the structural elements of art to achieve visual unity. VA.5.O.1.2
I can use various art tools, media, and techniques to discover how different choices change the effect on the meaning of an artwork. VA.5.S.1.1
I can visualize the end product to justify artistic choices of tools, techniques, and processes. VA.5.S.2.3
I can use materials, tools, techniques, and processes to achieve expected results in two- and three-dimensional artworks. VA.5.S.3.1
I can use tools, media, techniques, and processes in a safe and responsible manner. VA.5.S.3.3
I can use ethical standards and be aware of copyright laws when producing works of art. VA.5.S.3.4
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• Today I will learn about ARTIST, Robin Mead, and her bold LANDSCAPES .
• Today I will learn about LINE and SPACE, so that I CAN draw my own landscape. I’ll know I have it when I have achieved PERSPECTIVE by making mountains appear farther away by drawing them small toward the top of the paper.
• Today I will learn about COLOR and VALUE, so that I CAN use WATERCOLOR PAINT and WATERCOLOR PENCILS to paint my landscape creating TINTS and SHADES
• Today I will learn about CONTRAST, so that I CAN OUTLINE my shapes with paint to make them stand out.
• Today I will learn how to paint with WATERCOLORS and WATERCOLOR PENCILS. I will learn how to use RESIST and how to mingle paint colors, wet on wet, wet on dry, and 3 different watercolor pencils techniques.
This is their Square1 art project. We will discuss ways artworks and utilitarian objects impact everyday life and careers in which artworks and utilitarian designs are created. Student will also learn what knowledge and skills necessary for art-making and art-related careers.
Students will learn about artist, Robin Mead, and we will examine and discuss some of her artwork. Students will explore several watercolor techniques and come up with their original landscape design and apply some of the techniques they learned in their own piece. Upon completion, students will upload their artwork to Artsonia, along with a statement.