- I can make good decisions when making art. VA.2.C.2.1
- I can experiment with tools and techniques to make art. VA.2.S.1.1
- I can develop artistic skills by practicing with different materials, techniques, processes, and tools. VA.2.S.2.1
- I can become a better artist by practicing. VA.2.S.3.2
- I can follow safety directions in art class. VA.2.S.3.3
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Today I will learn about LINE and SHAPE, so that I CAN draw REALISTIC jellyfish.
- Today I will learn about COLOR and VALUE, so that I CAN use chalk pastels and choose analogous colors to create HIGHLIGHTS and SHADES to make my jellyfish appear 3D.
- Students will cut out jellyfish body shapes and draw legs and bubbles with a white crayon onto their background paper.
- Students will place shapes onto their background paper and spray with liquid neon watercolor.
- Students will use neon chalk pastels to add legs and shade bodies.