MAFS.5.NF.1.1 – Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators. For example, 2/3 + 5/4 = 8/12 + 15/12 = 23/12. (In general, a/b + c/d = (ad + bc) / bd.)
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- apply concepts of factors, multiples, equivalent fractions, and decomposition of fractions to find like denominators. (This is a 4 th grade skill.)
- represent addition and subtraction of fractions, including mixed numbers and fractions greater than 1, with unlike denominators using concrete models, graphical models, and equations (denominators are limited to 1-20).
- add up to three fractions including mixed numbers and fractions greater than 1.
- subtract fractions including mixed numbers and fractions greater than 1.
- solve for an unknown numerator or denominator in an addition or subtraction problem given the sum or difference.
- Division Drills
- IXL – I.3, I.4, I.5 Goal Mastery 80%
- Math Stations
- Computers – IXL
- Mastery Connect – Adding Fractions and Equivalent Fractions
- RTI (Response to Intervention)
- Weekly HW Due at the end of each week (Friday)
- Centers – Effort and Completion
- Formative on Equivalent and Adding Fractions – Mastery Connect
Username: firstlastname + 317 Example: John Smith – johnsmith317
Password: Birth date Example: July 1st 2002 – 07012002