Standards Addressed in Lesson:
• SS.5.G.1.1 – Interpret current and historical information using a variety of geographic tools.
• SS.5.G.1.2 – Use latitude and longitude to locate places.
• SS.5.G.1.3 – Identify major United States physical features on a map of North America.
• ELA.5.C.3.1 – Follow the rules of standard English grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling appropriate to grade level.
• ELA.5.R.1.1 – Analyze how setting, events, conflict, and characterization contribute to the plot in a literary text.
• ELA.5.R.1.3 – Describe how an author develops a characters perspective in a literary text.
See attachment for Benchmark lessons covered – this week is days 6-10
• Continents and oceans
• Regions and Climates of the US
• Read The Wild Robot
• Classroom discussion of chapters read each day
• Grammar morning work
• Centers – writing, spelling/vocab, research, reading fluency, specific skill practice
photo – light
im- in- il- not
1. photocopy – a paper copy of a document or picture that is made with a special machine (copier or photocopier).
2. photograph – a picture made by a camera (also called a photo).
3. photon – a tiny particle of light or electromagnetic radiation.
4. photosynthesis – the process by which a green plant turns water and carbon dioxide into food when the plant is exposed to light.
5. telephoto – a lens for a camera that makes far away objects appear to be closer.
6. incapable – not able to do something; not having the necessary skill or ability to perform a specific act or function.
7. ineligible – not allowed to do or be something; legally disqualified.
8. imbalance – a state or condition in which different things do not occur in equal or proper amounts.
9. illiterate – not knowing how to read or write; having or showing a lack of knowledge about a particular subject.
10. illogical – not thinking about things in a reasonable or sensibly way; unreasoning.
*all plans are subject to change
No school Tuesday 8/23
ALL IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.
If you have not yet signed up for my classroom Remind, please do so. Text @22bartlett to 81010