· LAFS.5.SL.1.1 Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
· LAFS.5.RL.1.1 Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
· LAFS.5.RL.1.2 Determine the theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in a text, including how characters in a story or drama responds to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
· LAFS.5.RL.1.3 Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact).
· LAFS.5.RL2.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrase in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
· LAFS.5.RL.2.5 Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fits together to provide the overall structure of a particular story, drama, or poem.
· LAFS.5.RL.3.7 Analyze how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or beauty of a text (e.g. graphic novel, multimedia presentation of fiction, folktale, myth, poem.