· LAFS.RI.1.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
· LAFS.5.RI.2.6 Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
· LAFS.5.L.1.1b Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking. b. Explain the function of conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections in general and their function in particular sentences
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1 Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly. d. Review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions in light of information and knowledge gained from the discussions.
· LAFS.5.L.3.5c Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings. c. Use the relationship between particular words (e.g., synonyms, antonyms, homographs) to better understand each of the words.
· SS.5.A.3.2: Investigate (nationality, sponsoring country, motives, dates and routes of travel, accomplishments) the European explorers.
· SS.5.A.3.3: Describe interactions among Native Americans,
Africans, English, French, Dutch, and Spanish for control of