Standards Addressed in Lesson:
· SS.5.A.4.1: Identify the economic, political and socio -cultural motivation for colonial settlement
· SS.5.A.4.2: Compare characteristics of New England, Middle, and Southern colonies
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
· LAFS.5.RI.2.5: Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
· LAFS.5.RI.3.9: Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably
· LAFS.5.L.1.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
· LAFS.5.L.3.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 5 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.