Q2W5 November 13
Original 13 colonies example
|Subject Area||ELA & Social Studies|
|Unit of Instruction||Module 2|
Standards Addressed in Lesson:
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
· LAFS.5.SL.1.2: Summarize a written text read aloud or information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
· LAFS.5.SL.2.6 Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, using formal English when appropriate to task and situation
· LAFS.5.L.2.3 Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
· LAFS.5.RL.1.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
· LAFS.5.RL.1.3: Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact)
· SS.5.A.4.3 Identify significant individuals responsible for the development of the New England, Middle, and Southern colonies.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students will demonstrate ability to summarize a written text read aloud (SL.1.2)
Students will use formal English when appropriate to task and situation (SL.2.6)
Students will provide a summary of the text (RL.1.2)
Students will provide a comparison and contrast of two or more events in a story, drawing on specific details in the text (RL.1.3)
· RtI – Mon, Tues, Thurs
· Reading – The Two Kettles
· Summarize a text read aloud
· Quick write prompts
· Reading – “William Bradford and the First Thanksgiving”
· Summary of The Two Kettles
· Plot outline
· Compare and Contrast Events
· Original 13 Colonies test – Label all 13 colonies on a map and draw dividing lines for New England, Middle and Southern Colonies. See example link at the top of this page if you lost your study guide.
No Spelling & Vocab this week
No Homework this week
If you have not yet signed up for my classroom Remind please do so. Text @4923hc to 81010