· LAFS.5.RL.1.3: Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact).
· LAFS.5.RL.1.2: Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
· LAFS.5.RL.2.6: Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are described.
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
· LAFS.5.L.1.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.