· LAFS:5.RI.1.2: Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
· LAFS.5.RI.2.5: Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
· LAFS.5.RI.3.9 Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
· LAFS.5.L.1.2: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
· SS.5.A.6.5: Identify the causes and effects of the War of 1812.
· SS.5.A.6.6: Explain how westward expansion affected Native Americans.