Standards Addressed in Lesson:
· LAFS.5.RI.3.9: Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably
· LAFS.5.W.3.8: Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; summarize or paraphrase information in notes and finished work, and provide a list of sources.
· LAFS.5.W.3.9: Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
· LAFS.5.L.3.6: Acquire and use accurately general academic and domain-specific words and phrases as found in grade level appropriate texts, including those that signal contrast, addition, and other logical relationships (e.g., however, although, nevertheless, similarly, moreover, in addition).
· SS.5.A.5.8 Evaluate the personal and political hardships resulting from the American Revolution.
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.