- LAFS.5.RI.1.2: Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text
- LAFS.5.RI.1.3: Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
· SS.5.A.5.10: Examine the significance of the Constitution including its key political concepts, origins of those concepts, and their role in American democracy.
· SS.5.C.1.5: Describe how concerns about individual rights led to the inclusion of the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1: Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
· LAFS.5.SL.1.3: Summarize the points a speaker makes and explain how each claim is supported by reasons and evidence.
- LAFS.5.L.1.2: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.