Standards Addressed in Lesson:
· LAFS.5.RL.2.5 – Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fits together to provide the overall structure of a particular story, drama, or poem.
· LAFS.5.W.3.9 – Draw evidence from literary texts to support analysis and reflection.
· LAFS.5.SL.1.1 – Pose and respond to specific questions and contribute to class discussions. Review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions.
· LAFS.5.L.3.4 – Use context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
· LAFS.5.L.3.6 – Acquire and use academic and domain-specific words and phrases.
· SS.5.A.3.2: Identify significant individuals and groups who played a role in the American Revolution.
· SS.5.C.5.7 Explain economic, military, and political factors which led to the end of the Revolutionary War.
· SS.5.C.2.1: Differentiate political ideas of Patriots, Loyalists, and “undecideds” during the American Revolution.