|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details.
- Students will be able to summarize a text
- Students will read and comprehend grade level literature and informational texts
- Students will be able to identify roles and contributions of significant people during the period of westward expansion
- Students will identify and describe the causes and effects of the Louisiana Purchase
- Students will write an informative piece using an introduction, related facts, details, and definitions, and a concluding statement. Students will also use linking words or phrases to connect sections of information.
- Students will develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting with the help of the teacher and/or peers.
- Daily Starter – Comprehension Review
- FSA Writing Test Prep Practice – 2 hour writing practice
- Western Expansion – Louisiana Purchase
- i-Ready Online Lessons
- Vocabulary – Greek and Latin Roots: metr, meter, mis, mit
- Newsela – Main Idea
- Editing Task – Peer editing and self editing of essays
- Spelling Formative
- Louisiana Purchase Formative – In Class Activity
- Newsela – Main Idea Formative
- Informative Essay Formative – In Class Activity
Spelling Lists for the rest of the quarter are attached as a link at the top of the page 🙂