- RI.3.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or
speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- RL2.5 Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems (e.g., verse, rhythm, meter) and drama (e.g., casts of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking about a text.
- W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- W1.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and evidence
- L.1.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking
- L.1.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing
- A.3.8 Explain how the Seminole tribe formed and the purpose for
- A.3.10 Identify the causes and effects of the Seminole Wars.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Integrate information from multiple texts to write a biography about an important African American
- Fluently read a play about Martin Luther King, Jr. Identify elements of a drama and compare and contrast a play, prose, and drama to explain their similarities and differences.
- Write an essay to share your opinion
- Organize the essay with an introduction, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion related to the topic
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling when writing
- Write an informational biography eBook using storyjumper.com about the African American researched for the project
- Practice writing conclusion paragraphs for essays and concluding sentences for body paragraphs
- Outline the events and conflicts leading up to the first, second, and third Seminole wars
- Explain the effect of treaties and how the wars ended
- eBook creation
- Editing and revision practice
- Poem, drama, and prose analysis
- Essay writing
- Writing workshops
- Social Studies quiz on Seminole Wars
- Biography eBook
- iReady growth check
- Poetry, Drama, Prose Semantic Analysis
- Edit and revise an essay