- LAFS.4.RI.2.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area.
LAFS.4.RI.1.3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or
technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific
information in the text.
- LAFS.4.RI.1.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says
explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- LAFS.4.RI.3.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or
speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- LAFS.4.W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- LAFS.4.L.1.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking
- LAFS.4.L.1.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- SS.4.A.3.8 Explain how the Seminole tribe formed and the purpose for
- SS.4.A.3.10 Identify the causes and effects of the Seminole Wars.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Seesaw activity (PSA) about a change you’d like to see in the world
- iReady online reading practice
- Newsela online reading practice
- Biography project